The new benchmark for 40% aerobatic planes!
With the experience of the extremely reliable DA-150 in our mind, we created the all-new DA-170. Even lighter, even stronger and the same reliability as the 150: The new champion for your 40% airplane.
- Displacement: 10.48 ci (171.8 cc)
- Output: 18 hp
- Weight: 7.85 lbs (3.56 kilos)
- Bore: 2.0472 in (52 mm)
- Stroke: 1.594 in (40.49 mm)
- RPM Range: 1,000 to 6,500
- RPM Max: 9,200
- Fuel Consumption: 4oz/min @ 6,000 RPM
- Warranty: Three years
- Three crank bearings, long spacing between front bearings.
- Four petal reed valve, bottom induction.
- Desert Aircraft, auto advance, electronic ignition.
- Walbro Carburator
- Exclusive Desert Aircraft designed cylinders, pistons, and crankshaft.
- CNC milled, 7075 aluminum alloy crankcase.
- Low vibration.
- Most torque in its class.
- Aerobatic power curve.
- DA engines are designed using the latest tools and techniques,
including 3D CAD and Stereo Lithography.